Moving can be exciting, but it can also be stressful. Not only do you have to pack and make sure your items arrive safely at your new place, but you also need to make sure your mail gets to the right place as well. There are two ways that you can change your us postal mail forwarding address to your new postal address.


The first, and most easiest, way to change your mailing address is to change your address online. You can do this by visiting the Website for one of many online moving services.  They will change your address, for a small charge, with the USPS. Once the site has loaded, it will prompt you to choose who is moving. You will have to choose an individual, family or business. Scroll down the page and input all the information it asks for including: contact information, whether your move is permanent or temporary, your old address and your new mailing address. Once you have provided all this information, select next. A payment page will load for you to enter a debit or credit card. Changing your address online requires a small fee in order to verify your identity and ensure you are the one requesting the change. Once you have provided this information, select next and the process is complete. You should receive an email notification at the email address you provided in your contact information to assure you that mail will now be forwarded to the new mailing address.

Post Office

You can make a mailing address change by visiting your local post office in person as well. Once there, ask the clerk at the counter for a postal change of address packet or moving packet. Inside this packet there will be a form. This is PS Form 3575. Fill out all the information on the form including: contact information, whether your move is permanent or temporary, your old mailing address and your new mailing address. You can do this while in the post office, or you can choose to take it home to complete it. If remaining at the post office, once the form is complete, you can then return the form to the postal representative at the counter. They will take the completed form and do what is necessary within the postal system to ensure your mail is forwarded to the new address. If you choose to take the form home to complete, you will need to bring the form back and drop it in the mail slot of the post office. To confirm the changes have been made and all mail will be forwarded to your new address, the postal service will send you a confirmation letter at your new address. You can expect to receive this letter in approximately five business days.

Moving is exciting, but it is definitely stressful. Changing your address with the postal service does not have to compound it. Use the two methods mentioned above and your mail should follow you to your new home without a hitch.